Throughout the year we host free, fun organised group walks open for all to join.
Upcoming Group Hikes. Join Us!
Due to COVID-19, group hikes are currently on hold. Rest assured, when restrictions relax, we’ll be back all guns blazing.
- Pub Classic – Incorporates a pub on the route, usually between 6 and 12 miles
- Endurance Yomp – At least 15 miles in length
- Ramble On – Classic hike between 6-14 miles
- Wellness Wander – Reconnect with nature and enjoy a spot of meditation, between 6 and 8 miles
- Peak Dash – Not a walk but a 10k run across various trails in the Peaks
Why Join Us for a Hike?
- Walking is one of the best forms of exercise and offers a whole host of benefits for your health and wellbeing, all in the beauty and fresh air of the great outdoors. Not only does it improve physical fitness, it is shown to reduce blood pressure, ease anxiety and spread happiness
- We do the navigating so you can just relax and follow the pack
- The Peak District is the first area to be granted national park status. So naturally, it’s the best
- We are a friendly bunch and only bite on occasion
- Short cafe/pub stops aren’t always possible, but when they are, we can’t help ourselves
- Gorgeous views to capture on camera
What To Bring?
It is highly recommended you wear a good pair of hiking shoes or boots and suitable outdoor clothing. The weather can change in an instant, so layers and a waterproof are always a good idea. Bring a packed lunch and plenty of water to keep you fuelled and hydrated through the day. (Cake sharing permitted).
Are Dogs Allowed?
Yes, if they are friendly with other dogs. Please keep them on a lead as there may be sheep around throughout the walk.
Where Are the Walks?
We cover a wide range of beautiful areas around the Peak District, from the southern White Peak to the more northern Dark Peak.
Join our Facebook group and see our events pages for further information on when and where the walks will take place. If you join us on a walk, upload your pics to spread the word and inspire others to love the peaks.
Although the walks are free, we do ask that you contribute a small donation to charity. A different charity will be chosen each walk.
We also require a good level of fitness from all who attend (enough to complete at least an 8-mile hike, including steep hills).
Note that although we try our best, we are not responsible for your safety. If you don’t feel fit enough or think you may struggle for any other reason, then we recommend you do not attend.
If you have any questions at all, get in touch and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Hope to see you soon!