Terms and Conditions
By accessing Walk In Derbyshire and any information it contains, you choose to accept and comply with the Terms and Conditions as outlined on this page. If you do not agree to be legally bound by the following Terms and Conditions, then please do not access and/or use Walk In Derbyshire.
- You must not, in the use of Walk In Derbyshire, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- You agree not to use Walk In Derbyshire for the purpose of promoting or bringing more traffic to your own website or company. Promotional links added will be removed and may ultimately lead to a ban on the account.
All walks are undertaken entirely at your own risk and Walk In Derbyshire accepts no responsibility or liability, nor gives any warranty, as to the accuracy of any of the information on the site. All walkers should carry a detailed map and compass and know how to use them. It is each walkers responsibility to ensure that the walk and the weather conditions are well within their capabilities. Walk In Derbyshire make no representation or warranty of any kind (express, implied or statutory) in relation to walking route descriptions, gps files or maps. Walk In Derbyshire exclude all such warranties. Routes are provided for general information only. Any advice or information given should not be relied upon as being correct or accurate. It is your obligation to independently verify, from primary sources, all information, and to take specific professional advice. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability in contract, tort (including negligence) breach of statutory duty or otherwise for any costs, losses, claims, damages, expenses or proceedings (including special, incidental or consequential loss or damage, loss of profits or wasted time) incurred or suffered by you arising directly or indirectly in connection with this website and its content including any loss, damage or expense arising from, but not limited to, any defect, error, imperfection, fault, mistake or inaccuracy with our website, route files, or other content or associated services or due to any unavailability of part or all of the website or any content or associated services.
Walk In Derbyshire processes the following personal data:
- information about your use of this Walk In Derbyshire
- information that you provide for use on Walk In Derbyshire
- any other information that you publish on Walk In Derbyshire
Other than this, we do not store or capture personal information but simply log your IP address (this is the technical standard which ensures messages get from one host to another and that the messages are understood) which is automatically recognised by the web server.
Anonymous website usage statistics are collected to enable us to review and improve our website. Walk In Derbyshire may use your personal information to:
- administer and provide Walk In Derbyshire
- personalise Walk In Derbyshire
- enable your access to and use of Walk In Derbyshire
- send you marketing communications (when you have opted-in to receive such communications)
- send you important announcements and administrative messages
Walk In Derbyshire may use media publicly available on the site for other features, however we will always link back to the original media and give attribution. By linking a media account, you grant Walk In Derbyshire a worldwide non-exclusive royalty free license to publish your media on Walk In Derbyshire with attribution.
Walk In Derbyshire take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Walk In Derbyshire do not disclosure any information related to the website, unless otherwise instructed in accordance with the law.
Last updated: 10/07/20