- Distance: 11 miles
- Difficulty: Hard
- Minimum Duration: 5 hrs
- Refreshments: PubCafe
- Route: Download .gpx file
- Start Grid Ref: SK 12392 85357
Paid parking is available at Edale Car Park, S33 7ZL.
Please do not rely on this walking guide to solely navigate the hike. Always take a paper map and compass with you and make sure you know how to use them. Hiking is generally safe, but there are always potential risks. Use common sense, plan your route beforehand and make a reasonable judgment at all times.
- Starting from Edale, follow the steep ascent right up towards Ringing Roger and continue to skirt left around Grindsbrook Clough.
- Upon meeting the distinct top of Grindsbrook, signified by a large cairn, take the slabbed path right crossing the Kinder Plateau.
- At Crowden Brook, head right following the stream passing Kinder Gates. Beware of bogs and peat along this stretch as it can be difficult to negotiate, even in good conditions.
- Continue on to Kinder Downfall with its spectacular views over to western counties.
- Head south down to Kinder Low, pass Edale Rocks, and descend down Jacobs Ladder.
- Pass over the bridge and follow the track until reaching Upper Booth.
- Turn left and head through Upper Booth taking the footpath from the back of the farm.
- Continue to ascend, passing Broadlee-Bank Tor on the left.
- The path eventually descends on the home stretch back to Edale.
Questions or comment about this route? Leave them in the comments section below.