Map and Gradient
Max elevation: 634 m
Min elevation: 242 m
Total climbing: 578 m
Safety first, folks
Please do not rely on the guidance below to navigate the hike. We highly recommend downloading the accompanying GPX file and loading it into a navigation device/app. Always take a physical map and compass with you as backup. Take care out there.
- Starting from Edale, follow the steep ascent right up towards Ringing Roger and continue to skirt left around Grindsbrook Clough.
- Upon meeting the distinct top of Grindsbrook, signified by a large cairn, take the slabbed path right crossing the Kinder Plateau.
- At Crowden Brook, head right following the stream passing Kinder Gates. Beware of bogs and peat along this stretch as it can be difficult to negotiate, even in good conditions.
- Continue on to Kinder Downfall with its spectacular views over to western counties.
- Head south down to Kinder Low, pass Edale Rocks, and descend down Jacobs Ladder.
- Pass over the bridge and follow the track until reaching Upper Booth.
- Turn left and head through Upper Booth taking the footpath from the back of the farm.
- Continue to a ascend, passing Broadlee-Bank Tor on the left.
- The path eventually descends on the home stretch back to Edale.
Questions or comment about this route? Leave them in the comments section below.