- Distance: 4 miles
- Difficulty: Hard
- Minimum Duration: 3 hrs
- Refreshments: PubCafe
- Route: Download .gpx file
- Start Grid Ref: SK 12400 85349
Paid parking available at Edale Car Park, S33 7ZL.
Weather ForecastDerbyshire, UK
Please do not rely on the guidance outlined to solely navigate the hike. We highly recommend downloading the accompanying GPX file to assist navigation - but don't rely on this either. Always take a physical map and compass with you as backup, and know how to use them.
- From the car park, turn right heading north along Marys Lane, passing the Old Nags Head pub.
- After about half a mile from the car park, turn right following the fingerpost signed Grindsbrook.
- Cross the bridge and head left onto the well defined slabbed path.
- Continue along the path for about 1.5 miles, ascending up Grindsbrook. Note that the well-defined path becomes less so and much rockier. Some scrambling may be necessary.
- Once at the top on Edale Moor, signified by a large cairn, turn left along the path towards Grindlow Knoll.
- Continue along the path from where it eventually descends back into Edale, bringing you out at the Old Nags Head pub.
- After refreshments, head south back along Marys Lane, retracing your steps back to the car park.
Questions or comment about this route? Leave them in the comments section below.