Max elevation: 301 m
Min elevation: 222 m
Total climbing: 222 m
A walk from the distinctly beautiful Hartington, passing the once site of Pilsbury Castle and on to the quaint village of Longnor. After refreshments, you head back towards Hartington via lush rolling fields. With views of the epic Chrome Hill, this walk has to be accomplished at least once.
- Head north out of Hartington past the duck pond along Dig Street.
- Continue along the gated road for about 2.5 miles until reaching Pilsbury.
- At Pilsbury leave the road and continue straight along the track until reaching the gated stile at the site of Pilsbury Castle.
- Head through the gate and continue along the path for approximately 1 mile until reaching Bridge End Farm, just south of Crowdicote.
- Turn left at the Farm to head west along the footpath. After 1/4 mile, join the road for a further quarter mile until reaching Longnor – the perfect time for a rest and refreshments and the approximate half way point along the walk.
- From Longnor, take the lane opposite Church Street and head down to meet a farm. Continue forward across several fields until reaching Brund.
- At Brund, turn left then immediatley take the footpath across fields to Sheen. Upon reaching the road at Moorhouse, turn right along the road for 200m then take the footpath right, across the field to Sheen.
- With the farm on your left, cross the road at Sheen to take the footpath to return across fields to Hartington.