Weather ForecastDerbyshire, UK
Map and Gradient
Max elevation: 301 m
Min elevation: 222 m
Total climbing: 222 m
Safety first, folks
Please do not rely on the guidance below to navigate the hike. We highly recommend downloading the accompanying GPX file and loading it into a navigation device/app. Always take a physical map and compass with you as backup. Take care out there.
- Head north out of Hartington past the duck pond along Dig Street.
- Continue along the gated road for about 2.5 miles until reaching Pilsbury.
- At Pilsbury leave the road and continue straight along the track until reaching the gated stile at the site of Pilsbury Castle.
- Head through the gate and continue along the path for approximately 1 mile until reaching Bridge End Farm, just south of Crowdicote.
- Turn left at the Farm to head west along the footpath. After 1/4 mile, join the road for a further quarter mile until reaching Longnor – the perfect time for a rest and refreshments and the approximate half way point along the walk.
- From Longnor, take the lane opposite Church Street and head down to meet a farm. Continue forward across several fields until reaching Brund.
- At Brund, turn left then immediatley take the footpath across fields to Sheen. Upon reaching the road at Moorhouse, turn right along the road for 200m then take the footpath right, across the field to Sheen.
- With the farm on your left, cross the road at Sheen to take the footpath to return across fields to Hartington.
Questions or comment about this route? Leave them in the comments section below.