- Distance: 9 miles
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Minimum Duration: 4 hrs
- Refreshments: PubCafe
- Route: Download .gpx file
- Start Grid Ref: SK 12712 60248
Paid parking available on Parsons Cl, Hartington, SK17 0BE.
Weather ForecastDerbyshire, UK
Please do not rely on this walking guide to solely navigate a hike. Always take a map and compass with you and make sure know how to use them. Hiking is generally safe, but there are always potential risks. Use common sense, plan your route beforehand and make a reasonable judgment at all times.
- Head north out of Hartington past the duck pond along Dig Street.
- Continue along the gated road for about 2.5 miles until reaching Pilsbury.
- At Pilsbury leave the road and continue straight along the track until reaching the gated stile at the site of Pilsbury Castle.
- Head through the gate and continue along the path for approximately 1 mile until reaching Bridge End Farm, just south of Crowdicote.
- Turn left at the Farm to head west along the footpath. After 1/4 mile, join the road for a further quarter mile until reaching Longnor – the perfect time for a rest and refreshments and the approximate halfway point along the walk.
- From Longnor, take the lane opposite Church Street and head down to meet a farm. Continue forward across several fields until reaching Brund.
- At Brund, turn left then immediately take the footpath across fields to Sheen. Upon reaching the road at Moorhouse, turn right along the road for 200m then take the footpath right, across the field to Sheen.
- With the farm on your left, cross the road at Sheen to take the footpath to return across fields to Hartington.
Questions or comment about this route? Leave them in the comments section below.