Weather ForecastDerbyshire, UK
Map and Gradient
Max elevation: 335 m
Min elevation: 263 m
Total climbing: 117 m
Safety first, folks
Please do not rely on the guidance below to navigate the hike. We highly recommend downloading the accompanying GPX file and loading it into a navigation device/app. Always take a physical map and compass with you as backup. Take care out there.
- From Minninglow Car Park, head east along the High Peak Trail for about 2.5 miles until meeting another car park at Friden
- Leave the trail, and head down to the road. Continue northeast along the road for about 600 meters. Note that you can come off the road and pick up a path partway along this section
- The path leads to a gate accessing a large field. Head through the gate continuing east along the field with tree plantations to both your left and right
- Continue and cross another stile into Long Dale. Note that you can scale over the top of Long Dale or skirt the valley floor
- Head through Long Dale for about 1 mile until meeting the second dale on the right
- Continue to Pikehall, arriving opposite Holly Bush Farm
- Cross the road and gently ascend up the track (Hedge Lane) on the left
- Upon meeting the crossroads, turn right along Mouldrige Lane and back to Minninglow Car Park.
Minninglow Hill – See More?
Although the walk doesn’t cover Minninglow Hill itself, a visit is possible if you pick up the short concessionary path about a mile in the other direction along the High Peak Trail from the car park (see map for details).
Questions or comment about this route? Leave them in the comments section below.