Weather ForecastDerbyshire, UK
Map and Gradient
Max elevation: 123 m
Min elevation: 40 m
Total climbing: 130 m
Do not rely on the guidance below to soley navigate the hike. We highly recommend downloading the accompanying GPX file and loading it into a navigation device/app. Always take a physical map and compass with you as backup, and know how to use them. Take care out there.
- From the end of Longmoor Lane, turn right along Risley Lane for about 20 meters, then take the old canal path that passes alongside the navigation pub.
- Continue along the old canal path for about a mile before meeting Hopwell Road.
- Turn right and head along Hopwell Road for about 100 meters, then head over the stile on the left heading into the field.
- Continue across the field following the path until meeting Nottingham Road.
- Turn right along Nottingham Road and continue for about 650 meters until meeting the small road heading up to Hopwell Hall.
- Take the small road heading up to Hopwell Hall.
- Upon meeting the main gate, follow the path left around the side of the house through the wood plantation. Look out for the alpacas in the field to the left, just after the woods.
- Continue across the track, passing Hopwell Hall farm on your right.
- Follow the path for about half-mile across the fields.
- After crossing the wooden footbridge, turn right and follow the path as it ascends right above the field.
- At the track, turn right and head down the track back towards Risley.
- Turn left at Derbyshire Road, cross the road, then head down Breaston Lane, back to the start point at Breaston.
Questions or comment about this route? Leave them in the comments section below.