- Distance: 5 miles
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Minimum Duration: 3 hrs
- Route: Download .gpx file
- Start Grid Ref: SK 26623 80045
Paid parking available at Longshaw Lodge, S11 7TZ.
Weather ForecastDerbyshire, UK
Please do not rely on the guidance outlined to solely navigate the hike. We highly recommend downloading the accompanying GPX file to assist navigation - but don't rely on this either. Always take a physical map and compass with you as backup, and know how to use them.
- From the Longshaw car park, head down towards Longshaw Lodge. There are toilets and refreshments if refueling is required.
- Turn right at the road leading up to Longshaw Lodge and walk for about 200 meters until reaching the main road.
- Cross the road and head through the gated stile next to the white gate. Walk through the wooded area following the stream for about half a mile until reaching Hathersage Road.
- Pass through the gate, cross Burbage Bridge, heading left for about 100 meters until reaching the second stile in the wall on the right.
- Cross the stile and take the path over the wild moorland towards Higger Tor in the distance. After about half a mile you’ll pass Carl Wark on the right.
- Continue the ascend up to Higger Tor.
- Once reaching Higger Tor, continue north along the path for almost 1 mile until reaching Upper Burbage Bridge.
- Cross the stream and follow the path as it swings right and heads along Burbage Rocks. Continue for 1 mile.
- When reaching a crossroads in the path signified by a cairn, continue forward – the path will begin to head right along another rocky edge.
- Continue for a three-quarter-mile until reaching Hathersage Road again. Cross the road, head through the gate opposite and retrace your steps back to the Longshaw car park.
Questions or comment about this route? Leave them in the comments section below.